Using the Archives
If you need information on folk traditions or Finnish literature, please contact the archives information services.
- answer questions on Finnish folklore, folk beliefs, oral history, as well as Finnish literature and cultural history
- provide advice on the use of the materials.
Our information services are free for simple requests. Extensive search requests carry a fee and must be arranged in advance.
You can ask questions
Archives Research Rooms
The research rooms are located at the following three addresses:
literary and cultural history resources, formerly Literary Archives (Mariankatu 19 E, Helsinki)
traditional and contemporary cultural resources, formerly Folklore Archives (Hallituskatu 1, Helsinki)
SKS Archives Joensuu Office, formerly Joensuu Folklore Archives (Yliopistokatu 6, Joensuu)
- you will learn about research room procedures
- you may access microfilm readers to view records preserved on microfilm
- you may use your own laptop to take notes
- wireless client network
It is a good idea to schedule an appointment in advance with the Archives in order to obtain access to data on your first visit.