SKS has approximately 3, 000 members. SKS's Board of Directors approves the association's members on the recommendation of members or at a person's own request. The majority of the membership is university staff, researchers and students. Members pay the membership fee of 35 euros -- students, post-graduate students, the unemployed and pensioners pay 20 euros.
You can apply for membership by email to SKS’s Secretary General, Tuomas M.S. Lehtonen (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also recommend another person for membership in SKS but please remember to ask the person for their agreement beforehand.
You can cancel your membership by notifying SKS via e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone (0201 131 231/voicemail).
SKS has over 200 corresponding members. At the proposal of the directors a delegation from SKS’s invites international figures and recognized researchers active in the field of Finnish cultural tradition and language to become members.
SKS also has honorary members. Honorary members are invited to the annual meeting at the recommendation of the delegation.
As a member of SKS
- you may purchase SKS’s publications at a discount of 30% at the SKS online bookstore or the Tiedekirja store
- you also receive a 25% discount at the Tiedekirja store on the publications of several other scholarly publications
- you will receive the SKS wall calendar each year
- you receive a discount on various scholarly and cultural events
- you are first to be informed of SKS events, many of which you can also follow on the Web
- you may take part in the collaborative projects which SKS offers its members
- you can support SKS’s work and aims by mentioning SKS in the publicity for your special event.
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 0201 131 231/Communications