Oral Tradition, Scripture, and Print Culture – Interfaces and Comparisons in Northern Contexts
13:00 - 16:00
Finnish Literature Society, Great hall, Hallituskatu 1, Helsinki
- 13.00 Opening of the seminar, Katja Ritari
- 13.10 Welcome on behalf of the Finnish Literature Society, Tuomas M. S. Lehtonen
- 13.30 The interface between manuscript and print in Irish; comparisons with Scottish Gaelic, Welsh, Breton, Icelandic and other languages, Richard Sharpe
- 14.30 On the project “Letters and Songs: Registers of Beliefs and Expressions in the Early Modern North”, Tuomas M. S. Lehtonen
- 15.00 Eastern Baltic peoples in the medieval and early modern literary cultures: recycling, upcycling, or disconnecting? Linda Kaljundi
- 15.30 Relationships of oral and literary traditions in early modern Finland, Kati Kallio
- 16.00 Closing of the seminar
Free entrance, you are warmly welcome!
The seminar is organized by the Finnish Society for Celtic Studies and the Finnish Literature Society (SKS).