Using the Library
The Library is located in the main building of SKS (Hallituskatu 1, Helsinki). Our customer services are located on the entrance floor, and open stacks as well as working spaces on the ground floor. We also serve the public online.
The SKS Library is open to everyone.
Our customer service staff provides you with general advice concerning our services and collections. You can also resolve matters related to borrowing material with our staff.
On the visiting floor, you can find
- a self-service lending and returning machine,
- a pickup shelf for reserved material,
- a multi-function printer for copying, printing and scanning material
- a computer for information retrieval and checking the location of materials in the SKS Finna Search Service
as well as
- new arrivals,
- collection of Finnish, Finland-Swedish and Finnish Sámi literature translations into other languages,
- the Kalevala collection as well as
- the Matti Kuusi international paremiological collection.
On the ground floor, you will find
- cultural research collection
- literary research collection.
Most of our collections are located on the ground floor of the library.
SKS Finna Search Service
Search for printed and electronic materials of our library.
Sivun kuvat: Gary Wornell, Emma Suominen.